In today's business world, even basic administrative positions often require having some sort of college degree. Many of the biggest corporations in the world require a college degree to get promoted even if you have already proven yourself on the job.
Having a college degree is important, but if you aspire to be an entrepreneur, or self-made woman, take a look at a few of the women who dropped out of college and went on to riches, fame, and success without a degree:
- Maya Angelou, Poet
- Ellen DeGeneres, Comedian, Talk Show Host
- Gigi Fernández, Tennis Player, Won Two Gold Medals for Doubles 1992,1996
- Florence Graham (aka Elizabeth Arden), Founder, Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics
- Ruth Handler, Founder, Mattel, Barbie
- Helen Hunt, Actress
- Norah Jones, Musician
- Lisa Ling, Talk Show Host (The View)
- Jenny McCarthy, Model, Actress, MTV Host, Author
- Julie Newmar, Actress, Patented Ultra-Sheer, Ultra-Snug Pantyhose
- Rosie O'Donnell, Comedian, Talk Show Host
- Mary-Kate Olsen, Entrepreneur and Billionaire
- Margaret Sanger, Started the American Birth Control Movement
- Muriel Siebert, Entrepreneur, First woman to purchase a seat on the New York Stock Exchange
- Dawn Steel, Entrepreneur, First woman to run a Hollywood studio "Columbia Pictures"
- Nina Totenberg, Radio Personality (NPR)
Discover more women on the "Successful Female College Dropout List"