If Yelp has offered to manipulate your reviews if you purchase advertising fees, refused to take down false or libelous reviews, or filters all your good reviews and only shows negative reviews, we want to know. Write Your Review Of Yelp
Kimzey v. Yelp Inc.
- Seattle - Federal Court - 2014
False Reviews - False Ratings - Extortion
See: Google search - Kimzey v. Yelp Inc. PDF
FRAUDULENT AND CRIMINAL NUTRITIONIST
- I POSTED ON YELP ABOUT A "NUTRITIONIST" THAT I PAID THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO WHO MISREPRESENTED HERSELF ON A "MEDICAL WEBSITE" NAMELY RATEMDS.COM AND LIED ABOUT HER CREDENTIALS....SHE IS AND WAS NEVER AN "ANXIETY THERAPIST" BUT A GLORIFIED NUTRITIONIST AND THAT IS ALL SHE WAS...YELP DROPPED THE REVIEW AND I WAS FURIOUS! YOU CANNOT GET IN TOUCH WITH YELP AS THEY HAVE NO PHONE NUMBER TO DO SO....WHAT DO I DO NOW?
Mad as hell
- I threw a customer out over a year age who happens to be a sociopath.He harassed us until I sued him. He was ordered by the judge to stay away including the internet.One year later I had him arrested for going on my business site and posting fake reviews.Even after he was arrested he continued.I contacted Yelp repeatedly about the fact that they were fake reviews and told them about the court case pending.They refuse to take the fake reviews down.I did a review on my website about Yelp and they removed it-big surprise.They argue that the bad reviews are a personal and balanced opinion.Meanwhile most of my good reviews by legitimate clients are hidden. I went so far as to ask to have my site taken down. Its wrong to have a crazed idiot try to ruin my business and Yelp is equally guilty in this.
- —Guest angelica
Unjust filtering practices
- I am the owner of sbpcmechanic.com. I have the highest rating in google reveiws in santa barbara. I treat people with so much intergrity and high service that people love to write great things about me. I have had 12 reviews filtered out probably because I re fuse to advertise with them.
- —Guest Ramsin Eivazzadeh
Yelp deletes all legitimate + reviews
- I have a brand new business. I had one very positive review from a customer who wrote good detail. Then the Yelp ad-man contacted me to buy ads. A week after declining to pay 1,000 a month for ad space, the 5 star review was deleted. Now what remains is a 4 star review. This is no less than extortion. The Yelp ad person was incredibly difficult, continuing to ask the same question over and over as if he was shocked the new business did not have money to pay their extortion rates. I will now remove my yahoo account since it is teaming up with Yelp. Yelp is harmful to new business, and even old businesses. I'm willing to join another class action suit to bring them all the way down. It's cruel what they are doing.
- —Guest Amazing
Yelp is dishonest
- I wanted to do a restaurant review series on the eateries in my home town. After I had written 5 reviews over a 2 week period, I decided to see what they looked like on the Yelp site. To my surprise, all but one were relegated to the "not currently recommended" file. This means they are not available unless you click on a special category, and they are not used to rate the business. After some investigation, I found that some businesses have most of their 4 and 5 star ratings filed away, while others had most of their 3 star and under ratings filed away. These seemed to correlate with whether a business advertised with Yelp or not. It is obvious that Yelp itself decides what rating a business receives, not the customer. It is also obvious that the more services you buy from Yelp. the better your star rating on Yelp becomes. I feel sorry for businesses that have been negatively branded by Yelp.
- —Guest Sandy Pohl
- Yelp. What a joke and a racket. ========================================================
- —Guest Wyatt
- My business has been at the top of every review site for 15 years, since internet reviews first started. We had 11 5-star reviews up from 2011 forward. Our competitor bought yelp ads, and all of a sudden our address disappeared from the yelp map, and all of our reviews were in the "not recommended by yelp" category. I contacted yelp tech support twice to get our map location fixed, to no avail. They told me "your change can not be verified". A week later, I got a call from a yelp salesperson who told me that I could get my business reputation back if I just bought an ad for at least $450 per month for a year commitment. I told her that if I bought an ad, the customer would be sent to the wrong address, and that I wouldn't even consider it until they fixed the map problem. It was fixed in 2 hours. I then asked about my ratings being hidden, all of a sudden, since my competitor had purchased an ad. She told me "you will be able to do the same thing to him when you buy an ad".
- —Guest Jackies
Yelp is Damaging our Good Will!
- It costs very real advertising dollars to build up good will and a positive reputation, yelp actually is able to hijack our company name and logo and image and use it to profit yelp stockholders and financially damage us at the same time! How is this legal !?! Is the law not there to protect us from the damage we are suffering at the hands of yelp?!?!
- —Guest Yelp is Damaging our good will
- Yelp lists Lee Watson as a North Loop attorney lists a St Paul phone number that is not in service.
- —Guest Margaret Cain
This org is trying to get law changed
- http://nationalassociationofsmallbusinessowners.org/ Check out the video here. These people are trying to change the law which would stop Yelp in its tracks! I donated $ to this.
- My business is new and I am starting to see the same problems other people here mentioned. Please someone put a stop to this company.
All of the above
What is needed is someone willing to take on Yelp in a class action lawsuit for the damage they are doing to our business and holding us hostage.
Business owners can be libeled with no r
- I have a fairly new business with two five star reviews. A caller asked me if I could provide her with a particular product I don't sell. I suggested where she could buy it, told her I didn't know what the item was called, and politely excused myself to take another call. I guess she was so busy asking a multitude of questions, figuring if she kept rephrasing her question I'd magically figure out the name of her product, that she never heard me excuse myself. She gave me a one star rating, dropping my five stars to 3 1/2!
This miserable creature was never a customer of mine, but a review implies that she was. I guess she said to herself, "How dare he take a call from a potential customer when I had more questions. Let's see if I can cost this guy a few grand. " I reached out to the customer; nothing. Tried to contact Yelp, nothing. And I posted a reply on line to explain that this person was not a customer, just a vindictive person; the response wasn't published.
- —Guest Peter Pastor
Stop using my phone number
- Yelp recently posted a new business on their website. The business has my phone number listed as the business number. Since then my phone is ringing at all hours and people are irrate when I tell them they have the wrong number. It's obvious that Yelp DOES NOT confirm infromation provided to them.
- —Guest Juanita