If Yelp has offered to manipulate your reviews if you purchase advertising fees, refused to take down false or libelous reviews, or filters all your good reviews and only shows negative reviews, we want to know. Write Your Review Of Yelp
review of yelp
- I HATE YELP I have been in business for 60 years and one negative review from the customer from hell. I WANT off of YELP they hurt my business unjustly
- —Guest vera
My yelp extortion experience
- Yelp filtered 13 five star reviews of mine one by one, after I received one negative review from them, and they subsequently contacted me regarding advertising which I ignored. Since then they have kept ONLY the one 1 star review and filtered all the rest, leaving me with 1 star for over two years. When I contacted them and said I would advertise if my stars went up, miraculously a five star review went back up 1 week later. After 2 years. No way a coincidence. And now they contact me every week or so asking me to advertise and implying without actually saying so, that my rating could be effected either way based on advertising. I am saving these messages. Has anyone thought of bringing a class action suit against them?
- —Guest yelped
- I have 27 positive reviews, and all 27 are gone (20 were filtered, and 8 were amazingly manually taken off for "guidelines" I have 3 negative reviews, and 2 are public! By the way the 2 negative reviews are fake! (I dj, so I know who hires me, and even if there anonymous, the stuff they write doesn't fit) By the way, one guy took pictures of himself at my party, posted pics of the party on my page, and they filtered his review Another guy (who wrote a negative review that was fake) updated it by writing A SECOND negative review....the filter filtered out the second one and kept the first...explain that? I could give u most stories on how yelp has ruined my business...but whats the point?...nobody cares...according to yelp "IF WERE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT, IT MUST BE GOOD"....they are ok with themselves, even if a few people like me get hurt I hardly get calls anymore..i hardly have anymore money...and im mad and no one at Yelp will help.
- —Guest Going out of buisness
Unfair filtering reviews/ good reviews
- Yelp filters all reviews and it's damaging to business owners. They have no direct number to call- instead you must email in your complaint. It takes 5 days before they respond back to you. I've had damaging / untrue reviews removed within the last 2-weeks. The person keeps re-writing new reviews. I've asked Yelp to suspend her account or block her reviews. Who is this Teresa? It makes me wonder if it's my ex-husband's girlfriend. We recently split up in August 2012....... Bogas reviews should not be allowed. The filtering of reviews needs to be done away with. When a customer contact you about bogas reviews possible you should listen. After, the third negative review you should block their account from writing these reviews or suspend their account. For posting untrue , rude remarks that damages business today...... This is crazy how the world is today.... Everyone's so negative..... That drama and its unnecessary.
- —Guest Tiffer's Upholstery LLC
filtered good reviews/bogas reviews sho
- Yelp has been filtering our good reviews and showing negative/damaging bogas reviews. I've contacted them 3-times as soon as their removed by yelp. The person in question Teresa keeps reposting negative reviews. I do not know who this is..... Reading further up on Yelp. com. They advertize if you purchase addtional advertizing for your business. You can unfiliter your reviews and sort out all damaging reviews made by someone you don't even know. Unfair business practices- today everything is different. Don't join Yelp , Twitter or Face book- surprizingly they can be damaging to your reputation. You can also be found within 5 seconds... You life is no longer private.... Anyone can view.
- —Guest Tiffer's Uphololstery-Ashlee Selph
- Yelp sucks, they are a disease for businesses, they are killing more businesses than the downturn of the economy. They have to be stopped -- government where are you? STEP UP FOR US, Yelp is a cancer, with defamations, they are killing us, bad reviews are venom that we can not accept any longer. When they are not legit, they deserve to be challenged in court' Let's call our reps in congress, they have to do something about these terrorists, they are putting our families to starve.
- —Guest Rene Castro
YELP AND RIPOFF REPORT FORUM - CHECK OUT
- I think that's a bit excessive but they had to put their foot down I guess! Just shows not to leave fake bad reviews... but the thing I HATE about yelp is that they filter practically 90% of the good reviews that are left.. leaving all the bad ones to magically stay. PSH! The things you find about on this site is crazy! It's new but so far I love it! Come check out this forum I found about Yelp and Rippoff report! http://qualityfirsthomeimprovementreviews.com/forums/forum/yelp-bad-practices/
- —Guest Rachel Olson
- Same experience that everyone else has shared - they surface our negative reviews, bury the positive, and call us several times a month to speak about "our account with them" (we have NEVER done business with them). They have actually told me that they are calling to help with online reputation. Outrageous.
- —Guest Dog Daycare
Don't support Yelp!
- The truth about yelp has to be known. Yelp is a cyber extortionist. My legitimate positive reviews are constantly being filtered while an old negative review remains. Yelp reps continue to call trying to get me to by advertising to improve my ratings. Businesses have to ban together to shut down yelp...
- —Guest Massage at Bejanies
11 reviews, 1 negative = ONLY Negative
- Yelp.com had 11 reviews for The Village Early Learning Center in Brandon, FL, yet it only displayed and ranked the one negative review giving the business a 2 star ranking and a front page negative write-up. All the while hiding 10 five-star, flattering reviwes in the "(filtered)" section. Yelp needs to be boycotted.
- —Guest Webmaster
- Thursday I declined yelps advertising offer. Saturday morning the restaurant received an awful review.
- —Guest Anonymous
Remove Negative Yelp Review for FREE
- Everyone who has a business on yelp has negative reviews, funny how yelp itself is not listed so people can list a review for them. Here is what I did to get the negative reviews of yelp FOR FREE!!! 1.) File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau over the sales practice and request to get your business removed from yelp. 2.) On EVERY review you have for yelp put a public comment like this.. "Yelp called us and wants $450 to post positive reviews now... WE HAVE NO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YELP NOR DO WE WANT ONE.... Sounds like extortion or blackmail to us. We filed a claim against Yelp with the better business bureau and contacted an attorney in CA. to get our site removed from Yelp. Really hope http://Yelp.com goes out of business A.S.A.P." or this for negative reviews..."Yelp called us and wants $450 to remove bogus negative reviews... WE HAVE NO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YELP NOR DO WE WANT ONE.... Sounds like extortion or blackmail to us. We filed a claim against Yelp with
- —Guest Yelp Chapter 13
Fake reviews by the competition
- 7 employees from my closest competitor posted negative reviews about my business on Yelp. They should not have used a photo of themselves on Yelp, when I walked into my competitors business... There they all were working behind the counters.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- —Guest Bob
Yelp is Hiding Positive Reviews
- Yelp is really impacting my mother's small, once successful floral business. While she has over 25 positive reviews, Yelp has filtered the majority out- showing only 6 in which 2 are negative. How can small business owners survive in this situation???? It is an utter shame. What can we do to stop this? The government needs to be involved.
- —Guest Sam
Help! Yelp Has Me By The....
- I do not want to be on Yelp, but cannot get my business delisted. Yelp basically told me there was nothing I could do -- that they have a right to show my business and let people post whatever they want. Well, they are only showing two negative reviews and hiding twelve good ones. That just seems wrong!!!
- —Guest guest