If Yelp has offered to manipulate your reviews if you purchase advertising fees, refused to take down false or libelous reviews, or filters all your good reviews and only shows negative reviews, we want to know. Write Your Review Of Yelp
YELP is a criminal enterprise!
- My story mirrors virtually all the other posts here. I own a small business. I have over 25 4-5 start reviews on Yelp, all of which are FILTERED, and which nobody will ever read! Yelp only posts the 4 bogus reviews on the front page and bases the overall score on these false and malicious bad reviews. I've emailed and phoned Yelp many times only to be patronized and given a load of corporate crap excuses. Yelp is a vicious and mean spirited extortion enterprise. They literally will print 'anything' by anyone at any time. You could have 20 people all write negative (or positive) reviews about any company, a competitor say, and Yelp will print all of them. They even print reviews with foul language, slander and innuendo, as they have with my business. Yelp is rogue and out of control and are all about hurting and destroying small businesses. They need to be sued into oblivion.
- —Guest Gary
Yelp Abuse on my client!
- My client Meridith Baer has worked with some of the biggest realtors and celebs staging homes across the US and has received great reviews. Unfortunately Yelp won't post the good reviews and insists on posting the reviews that are negative. One review in particular came from a woman who is determined to make my client and her company look bad but it is a very bogus review. Description of abuse: Jackie was a nightmare and refused to pay her bill, harassed us, insulted us and only by getting an attorney involved were we able to get our furniture back. This review is personal attack on me. I have never talked to this woman or met her. She told my office she would do everything she could to destroy me. I've contacted Yelp for over 3 months now and NO ONE has responded from their company. On top of that, new clients of mine have given me great reviews (actual REAL clients) on their site and Yelp has taken them down. What a horrible company
- —Guest ENorman
- I have only 4 reviews because I am only a 3 year old Corporation. Yelp has "decided" to not post the 3 good ones. This is garbage. As a public and highly visible company I count on referrals for future business. I am a 5th generation business owner, and now that the social media has the "option" to post my reviews without all or part of the facts. Just a person, obviously who is not self employed, can write what ever they want regardless of the loss in business and it leaves business owners like me and the Bagel Shop in the Sacramento News yesterday battling for fairness. Unreal ! I also requested yelp to close my account, and delete the reviews or I would sue for Extortion and Defamation. The account was closed and I have moved forward to Legal.
- —Guest JSG
Owner of BCI Properties, LLC
- YELP.com has no dignity or self respect. No joke. I had several 5 star reviews, all of which are gone now. Only a few one star bad reviews remain, even on their "filtered" page. I had refused to advertise with Yelp when they called me two years ago. When I found out what they are doing I created a Yelp Not webpage, which they do not like, but what can we do to fight back? See; www:propertymanagementreview.com/yelp-not.html I am a webmaster, I know SEO Marketing and I will fight back. You know what the funny thing is? I am the only company of 53 PM Companies in Pierce County WA that is A+ rated by the BBB.
- —Guest Donald Leske Sr.
Yelp Is The Absolute Worse!
- Their rating system is a fraud. We have a total of 26 reviews with 19 that have been filtered. Only 7 reviews appear and they are all negative!! We have the lowest rating a business can have. It's very depressing because I have so many customers that come in expecting us to be all the nasty things we aren't because of what they read on Yelp! Sad to say when they go post their experience with us it gets removed after a couple of days, but someone who has a negative comment no photo and no history is allowed to stay up. Something has to be done, they should not be allowed to hide behind and laws.
- —Guest BB
owner/ Bubbles Dog Grooming and Spa
- In September 2013 I was forced to let a groomer go from my Huntington Beach Dog Spa. Shayna Russell was the disgruntled employee who decided to steal someones picture from the world wide web, give her a name and write a FAKE review That was so awful I wouldn't bring my dog here either if I read this LIE. Even posted pictures of a maimed dog and said we were responsible for hurting this animal. She went on to say how we abuse animals here etc.. We even found out where the person in the profiles picture came from. She is a senior short hair model on the web for short hairstyles websites. This person has never been in my shop. It has hurt my business, My phone stopped ringing and when I confronted Yelp with this information they simply pushed it off and refused to investigate or remove this horrible LIE!! They won't respond anymore to me and if I could afford it I would sue them. Yelp has no right to ignore small business owners in the right!!!!Shame on you Yelp..
- —Guest Valari Butler
- Yelp removed all FIFTEEN positive reviews about my business and kept only ONE review about our business. That one review was NEGATIVE. ALL POSITIVE reviews were removed! They ALSO changed our password and email address!
- —Guest Teamplayer
Yelp does not check facts before posting
- I am a mental health professional. I had a schizo-affective ex-client post a review made up of lies and twisting of the truth. Along with my posting a response, I have 4 of my other clients post excellent reviews (5 stars) but Yelp filters my response and their reviews. They have also failed to average the number of stars by not including these reviews. I have contacted Yelp and they refuse to do anything different. They wouldn't even unfilter my response to this guy's lies.
- —Guest M Cuyar
telling it like it is
- Unfortunately Yelp is a double edge sword. I have seen some of my reviews hidden but in some cases the BBB has also done the same and refuse to pursue the issue because the business joined their advertising. Yelp has to do a better job because many of the positive and negative reviews are bogus, the business puts out a positive phony review and a disgruntled customer or employee puts out a negative one.
- —Guest madrouter
- We have been calling yelp for 3 years . It seems they have held this over our head because during this time they have wanted us to advertise with us and we have refused because we wanted to have our reviews taken down or pick from our filtered reviews which are 4and 5 star reviews. Yelp says they only put up the most current. But they really mean the most terrible current reviews! We have asked them to be fair and they think the 45 filtered reviews are frauds so every time we have a client review they filter. Yelp chooses to think they are false. While they leave up the worst reviews to a one sided story. Google owns Yelp and just sold it! Hopefully Yelp won't have the staying power of Google company behind them. It is hurting our economy for the small business person because of their unfairness. I believe if corporate really understood that no one gives a check at the end of the week to us . The small business person has to create our own income for ourselves. No one gives us anything
- —Guest email@example.com
- I have let yelp know on several occasions that I don't appreciate that 30+ 5 star reviews have been filtered, yet negative reviews stay up. But what Is most upsetting is that they won't remove a slanderous review that states the customer broke a tooth on our food, that they showed the bloody, broken tooth to our staff and were ignored. My restaurant is known for excellent customer service, which is stated in almost all of our 100+ reviews. Yelp says they will not remove this review because it is "relevant". Relevant to what?! I have asked them to remove my listing and have been ignored.
- —Guest Goldenrae
- We are a popular New York City Day Spa and Laser Center, with pretty good percentage of positive reviews overall for over 12 years now. Our Day Spa Le Cachet Skin Care and Laser Center had really great reviews on Yelp, from many of our loyal clients. After receiving a few salesmen calls from Yelp to advertise with them, since at the time we did not agree to advertise with them, all of our positives reviews were removed (so called FILTERED) and bad really ugly fabricated lies in a form of reviews appeared. If you visit us on Yelp you will see 8 reviews out of which 6 or 7 very bad, fabricated lies. If you click on the so called FILTERED reviews its a nice way to say removed reviews by Yelp, you will see about 21 reviews out of which 20 all positive….why would yelp remove positive reviews while promotes negative reviews…its simple - IF YOU REFUSE TO ADVERTISE WITH THEM, THEY WILL PUNISH YOU!!!! They should be prosecuted and shut down!!!!
- —Guest laszlo friedman
- We have been open 3 months. We have received predominately good reviews with a handful of negative reviews. Which is to be expected for a new business. After a month we started receiving calls from Yelp reps offering advertising. They were extremely aggressive, asking us for our marketing budget. When told we do not have a budget we decide on a ad by ad basis the caller was obviously annoyed. Calls continued for a month, which we passed on. Suddenly all of our "good" reviews were filtered leaving only mediocre and poor reviews. I have heard an industry rumor of this practice by Yelp but never experienced it. What can we do?!?!
- —Guest Lindsey
yelp filter villians
- Yelp filters out every single one of my good reviews except for a couple of really ones. I feel we need to run yelp out of business
- —Guest infamoushair
Yelp don't care about small businesses
- We have nine great reviews on Yelp, all filtered, the only two bad ones are on the main page. They do not want to listen or care about small businesses. Are they filtering good reviews of fortune 500 corporations also?
- —Guest PGarr
1-15 of 49Next