WIB News, Reviews, Statistics and Trends
By Lahle Wolfe, About.com Guide
Women in Headlines
Read about women making headlines in the business world!
Business News for WIB
Stay on top of important legal events that impact women in business.
- WIB Current Events
- SBA News and Program Changes
- Changes in 2007 Tax Laws For Small Businesses
- Status of Bills and Laws Affecting Women
WIB Trends and Statistics
Statistics and trends relating to working women and women business owners.
- Stastics - Women's Jobs & Occupations
- Statistics - Minority WOBs
- Statistics - SBA & Government Contracts
- Trends and Statistics for Women in Business
Since most women start sole proprietorships, if you business does not abide by the law, you could personally be held liable.
- Caller ID Spoofing Laws: H.R. 251: Truth in Caller ID Act of 2007
- Contracts & Agreements
- Copyright Laws
- Debt Collection
- Email Marketing Laws: The CAN-SPAM Act of 2003
- Employees & Human Resources
- ERISA Laws
- Financial & Liability Issues
- Health Insurance Laws
- History of U.S. Laws That Negatively Impacted Opportunities for Women
- Internet Use & Advertising
- Registration, Licenses, Permits, Trademarks and Names
- Patent Law
- State Requirements - Business Start-Ups
- Telemarketing Laws: The Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007
Political and legislative issues that affect working women and business women.
Business & Legal Glossary
Easy-to-understand definitions of commonly used terms in business, accounting, and law. Includes glossary of laws and bills affecting women business owners.
- Bills & Laws Relating to Business Owners, Working Women
- Business Structures Terms
- Commercial Leasing Terms