Be a Women Entrepreneur - Start Your Own Business
By Lahle Wolfe
- Forms of Business Ownership
- Business Ideas & Opportunities
- Establishing Your Business
- Business Plans and Models
Forms of Business Ownership
Making the right decision about the legal and corporate structure of your business is critical to your long-term success. How you establish your business will affect ownership rights, your personal liability risks, and how you can operate the business.
Business Ideas & Opportunities
Ideas and opportunities for women starting their own businesses.
Establishing Your Business
Find useful information on how to write business and marketing plans, register your business name, get licenses and special permits. Get your business started today!
- FAQs: Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Four Steps to Legally Establish the Name of Your Small Business
- Small Business Plans
- State Legal Requirements For Starting a Small Business
- The Basics of Certifying as a Women-Owned Business (WOB)
- Using a Fictitious Business Name (also known as Doing Business As or "DBA")
- Writing Comprehensive Feasibility Studies - Free Online Business Course
Business Plans and Models
All business owners need to prepare (and keep up-to-date) a business plan. You also need to develop a business model. Feasibility studies can help you develop both. Here are tools and tips to help you build a strong foundation for your business.
Small Business Funding
There are many ways to find start-up cash for your business including family, friends, investors, and personal and business financing. Find resources for finding cash to get your business off the ground or to grow your business.
- Funding Resources for Small Businesses
- How to Ask Family and Friends for Cash for Your Small Business
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Funding
- Where to Find Small Business Funding for WIB (Articles Index)
Free Business Courses
Free, online business courses to help you get started and grow your business.
All new business owners, but especially women, should have a mentor. Women entrepreneurs can also benefit from joining networks, associations.