Business Resolutions in This Series:
- Resolution #1 - Network More Aggressively
- Resolution #2 - Update Your Business Plan
- Resolution #3 - Assess Your Business to Avoid or Solve Problems
Make it a Goal to Beef up Your Business NetworkUnless you are actively networking you are selling your business short. Networking not only helps your business to grow but can boost your confidence and business knowledge. No matter how antisocial you may be by nature, you must learn to embrace networking.
Goals to Accomplish this Resolution:
- Call your local chamber of commerce or business association and ask about local events and services. Be sure to ask if there are events specifically for women, but do not exclude other events as possible networking opportunities.
- Attend any business events in your area that you can.
- Take advantage of online business associations and networks.
- Always carry business cards or product information in case you meet someone interested in your business.
Why You Should Aggressively Network Your Business in the Coming YearBusiness is all about making the right connections and getting the word out about your company, services, and products. Advertising and marketing campaigns are only one part of the success equation, to really make a splash in the business world you need to build a solid network.
- Attend Networking Events to Grow Your Business
- The Two Most Valuable Networking Skills to Develop
- Ways to Network Your Business
Networking helps you to make valuable connections that could lead to contracts, opportunities, sales, investors, and clients. But networking also gives you a peer group to share ideas and experiences with.
Exchanging information with other business professionals can help you learn mistakes to avoid and glean ideas from the success tips of other entrepreneurs.
Network Live Events to Grow Your Business: No matter how hard you work, you cannot live up to your full potential as an entrepreneur operating in total isolation. Attending networking events can help you both professionally and personally.
Women in Business offers you free forums that can help you network. In WIB forums you will find conferences, seminars, award ceremonies, luncheons, and many other functions you can attend.