Career and Employment History:
- June 2010 - Present: CVP, Global Ad Sales & Strategy at Microsoft Corporation
- January 2004 - June 2010: COO, EVP MTVN Ad Sales at Viacom
- 2001 - 2004: Vice President at Primedia
- 1999 - 2001: Vice President, Business Developmentat Zagat Survey
- 1996 - 1997: Manager, Business Development at Walt Disney Imagineering
- 1993 - 1995: Analyst at Accenture
While at MTVN, Carolyn Everson oversaw strategic planning, operations and finance for MTVN’s multi-billion dollar U.S. Ad Sales department. Under her guidance, mtvU tripled its ad sales business to take its place among Viacom’s fastest growing businesses.
- Harvard Business School; MBA, 1997 — 1999
- Villanova University; B.A., 1989 — 1993
Help WIB Add More to This Profile:
After reading that Carolyn Everson had been hired by Microsoft as chief of global ad sales (June 2010) I decided to write a profile about this high-powered business woman. Given her impressive employment history, I wanted to see what other women could learn from her strategies, personal insights for women, or life altering moments that might inspire other business women.
But Everson is somewhat of a mystery woman and tracking down information about her thoughts and life is difficult.
Please help add to this article by submitting story leads or interesting interview links about Ms. Everson.