Profile of Abby Lee Miller
Websites and Social Contact Information
- Reign Dance Productions Website
- Abbey Lee Miller Dance Company Website
- Abbey Lee Dance Company on Facebook
- Dance Moms on Facebook
- Personal Information and Social Contacts For The Dance Moms And Their Kids
Business Address: The Abbey Lee Dance Company is located on the border of Penn Hills, Plum Boro, and Monroeville, at 7123 Saltsburg Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15235.
Business Phone: (412) 795-6234
Email Address: email@example.com
Abbey Lee Miller Lives In: Penn Hills, PA
Parents: George L. Miller and Maryen Lorrain Miller.
Birthplace: Based upon where her parents were living at the time, Abbey Lee Miller was most likely born in or near Pittsburgh, PA. Her exact date of birth is not available.
Born: In two separate interviews Miller is stated to be 45 years of age (the last article indicating her age is 45 was published in October 2011.) This would mean Miller was either born in late 1965 or sometime in 1966.
Age: 46 (in 2012)
Marital Status: Single
- Owner and Director of the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio (now known as Reign Dance Productions)
- Owner and Head Choreographer and Instructor of Abbey Lee Dance Company in Penn Hills, PA
- Owner of Reign Dance Productions in Penn Hill, PA
- Star of Lifetime TV's docu-drama series Dance Moms
Abby Lee's parents exposed her to many activities. Her father would take her to Girl Scouts each week, swim team in the summer, and ski club in the winter. Abby Lee played the clarinet, sewed, and even went to charm school. Although Abby Lee was not much interested in dancing or performing, but she loved watching the dance competitions she attended with her mother every summer and was inspired to become a choreographer.
Abby Lee was close to her mother as a child and remains very close to her as an adult. In one interview, Abby said the thing she fears most is "that I will lose my mom too soon."
The Beginnings Of The Abby Lee Dance Company
Maryen began dancing in 1933 and soon began teaching others how to dance. In 1944, she founded the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio. Maryen was successful as a dance instructor and business woman, opening seven thriving dance studios in Florida before moving to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (her own home town) to marry a childhood sweetheart. When she moved, she gave the Florida dance studios to her advanced dancers so that her name would continue to be prominent in the dance community. Today, her daughter, Abby Lee Miller has become the owner and director of the Maryen Lorrain Dance Studio in Pittsburgh.
Abby Lee followed in her mother's footsteps in both dance and business. At age 14, she opened her first dance studio and in May of 1995, she opened the doors to her brand new state-of-the-art dance facility which was built to her specifications. Abby Lee Miller is the founder and chief choreographer of The Abby Lee Dance Company.
- The Wendy Williams Show (TV Series), February 22, 2012
- Late Night With Jimmy Falon (TV Series), Episode #1.585, January 17, 2012
- Anderson (TV Series), January 2012
- Dance Moms: Most Outrageous Moments, Season 1, Episode 13, 2011
- Anderson (Anderson Cooper's Show), January 10, 2012
- ABC's The View, 15th Season
- NBC, Late Night With Jimmy Falon, Episode 573, January 7, 2012
- Access Hollywood Live. March 2, 2012.
- IMDbPro Celebrity Appearances of Abbey Lee Miller
- MyLifetime.com Dance Moms Cast, Abbey Lee Miller
- Alexi Rob. Reach For The Stars. February 23, 2012.
- Janice Compton. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Reality TV Shows Success Surprising.
- Elizabeth Kwiatkowski. Reality TV World. Dance Instructor Abby Lee Miller Talks About 'Dance Moms'. October 12, 2011.