There are several great ways to find used books, magazines, videos, and even video games - for free - enough to build an inventory to start your own business.
Start by choosing a name for your business, writing a business plan, and finding out the legal requirements in your own state for starting a business. State Legal Requirements for Starting a Business.
Now, follow these seven easy steps to get your business started!
- How to Get Free Books to Stock Your Business: There are several ways you can get books for free (or for next to nothing) to build in initial stock of used books, DVDs, and even video games.
- Get a Federal Tax ID Number(free)
- Register Your Business Name (sometimes, free, but usually less than $25)
- Get a Business License (sometimes, free, but usually less than $25)
- Buy a Website Domain Name ($9.95 per year)
- Find Free Website Hosting Offers (free - but you can also pay for services to get better features and support)
- Use Use Public Domain (unrestricted and free) or Open Source (restricted use, but generally free) eCommerce Development Tools (free)