Businesses begin with an idea and desire and are then formed in steps. Many of the initial steps in starting a business are free or inexpensive and can be done in your spare time. Since a large part of forming a business involves research and analysis, the sooner you start, the better.
Even if you have very little money, you can still gather enough books to fill an eStore and start an online business for less than $100 -- including the inventory.
Don't believe me?
There are several great ways to find used books, magazines, videos, and even video games - for free - enough to build an inventory to start your own business.
General Steps To Starting An Online Book Seller BusinessStart by choosing a name for your business, writing a business plan, and finding out the legal requirements in your own state for starting a business. State Legal Requirements for Starting a Business.Now, follow these seven easy steps to get your business started!
- How to Get Free Books to Stock Your Business: There are several ways you can get books for free (or for next to nothing) to build in initial stock of used books, DVDs, and even video games.
- Get a Federal Tax ID Number(free)
- Register Your Business Name (sometimes, free, but usually less than $25)
- Get a Business License (sometimes, free, but usually less than $25)
- Buy a Website Domain Name ($9.95 per year)
- Find Free Website Hosting Offers (free - but you can also pay for services to get better features and support)
- Use Use Public Domain (unrestricted and free) or Open Source (restricted use, but generally free) eCommerce Development Tools (free)
- Start a Used Book Store for Less Than $100
- Business Startup Ideas During a Recession - Why Start a Used Book Store
- How to Get Used (and new) Books for Free!
- How to Get Books (and anything else) Far Below Retail Cost
- Why You Should Start a Business Now - Even in a Recession
- Why Used Books Sell Even During Tough Times
- Why You Should Start a Business Now